AM Davis is the region's source for professional, thorough and complete forklift training. OSHA requires that forklift operator training be conducted by a source with experience, knowledge and training to perform training for your forklift operators.
It is an OSHA violation for your employees to operate lift equipment without proper training. This includes everyone in your facility, managers, supervisors, ANYONE that might have a need to operate your forklifts. Refresher training is required whenever your operator:
- The operator has been observed to operate the vehicle in an unsafe manner.
- The operator has been involved in an accident or near-miss incident.
- The operator has received an evaluation that reveals that the operator is not operating the truck safely.
- The operator is assigned to drive a different type of truck.
- A condition in the workplace changes in a manner that could affect safe operation of the truck.
In addition, your forklift operators must be re-evaluated every three years to ensure they are operating the equipment as trained to initially.
We conduct classroom training for your employees, hands-on training in order to ensure knowledge of terminology and functionality of forklift equipment. Our training includes, but is not limited to:
- Safely parking a Lift Truck
- Safe traveling speeds and distances
- Smooth stopping
- Forks at correct height when traveling
- Smooth operation of controls
- Proper use of horn
- Proper propane handling
- Proper battery care and maintenance
- Picking up a load
- Stacking a load
- Procedure for loading/unloading tractor trailers
- General OSHA procedures for use of Powered Industrial Trucks
- Being aware of pedestrians
- Proper maneuvering around blind corners
Operator Training can help prevent product damage, property damage and or personal injury. A trained operator is a safer operator. Please call us today to schedule training or allows us to help clear up some of the gray areas to OSHA Powered Industrial Truck regulations.